2 Creative Practitioners required with a background in publishing media (journalism, writing, filmmaking, radio etc)
The School has been working on a thematic curriculum for Keystage 3 and wants investigate this question through this project:
“Can we through engaging with external partners in our publications project improve our literacy?”
This project will support the school to start to explore this question rather than answer it.
This project aims to:
· Find out if we can improve literacy through this approach
· Learn more about 5 competencies: (learning, managing a situation, managing information, relating to people, citizenship)
At the end of the project we want produce some publications that make visible the progression in literacy. The publications will be distributed to our feeder schools to show the pupil’s progress. The pupil’s brief was to write for an audience and we would like to give them a real audience through this project.
Overall we would like the project to be fun and exciting and celebrate pupils work. At the end of the project we would like to organize a launch outside of the school environment.
The practitioner will be expected to work closely with members of staff and pupils to:
· Jointly plan the overall programme of work;
· Jointly plan individual sessions
· Co-deliver sessions
· Review sessions
· Support the professional development of teaching staff through training, coaching and mentoring so that a lasting legacy is left in terms of greater understanding of and confidence in creative approaches to teaching.
The successful applicant will be directly contracted by Heath Park Business and
which has already secured Creative Partnerships funding to support this commission. In addition to support from Black Country Creative Partnerships (BCCP), Heath Park Business and Enterprise College is working with a Creative Agent employed by BCCP to act as a critical friend, broker and creative advisor. Enterprises College
Timescale and Fee:
There is two projects:
Year 8 Mondays 9.05am- 11.35am: 21 sessions at £120= £2,520
starting on the 23.11.2009 -24.5. 2010
Year 7 Wednesdays 11.15am-3.00pm: 21 sessions at £140 = £2,940
Starting on the 25.11. 2009-26.5.2010
There is an additional fee of £ 650 for each project for planning, evaluation, project launch
1 pre-planning meeting: £120
1.5 days overall planning: £300
1 day Launch event: £230
There will be a planning meeting in the week beginning 16. November 2009
We have also allocated a budget of £500 per project.
Selection and Application:
The school is looking for two exceptional practitioners who can demonstrate the following:
· A highly developed and reflective practice
· Passion for their practice
· A commitment to genuine collaboration
· An ability to communicate with a diverse range of people and to share his/her practice process
· An understanding of or interest in how people learn
· An ability to apply his/her practice in a variety of different contexts
To apply please send as email:
- CV (no more than 2 pages)
- A short statement that addresses the above criteria (no longer than 1 A4 Page)
- Date of recent CRB check
- Public Liability Insurance of up to 5 Million
Please send all documents in the old word format or PDF, no docx please.
Please do not apply if you cannot attend interview.
Iris Bertz, Creative Agent firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for the application is: 6.11.09 (5pm)
Interview: 13.11. 09 morning
The short listed candidates will be interviewed by members of staff and pupils from the year 7&year 8.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Thematic Curriculum: http://www.todaysteacher.com/ThematicTeaching.htm
This project is part of a
project supported by Creative Partnerships Change School